COVID-19 Case Advisory
Confirmed Cases of COVID-19 at Bayview Glen: 10
Communications from the Head of School:
Chief Public Health Officer, Dr. Theresa Tam, and the Public Health Agency of Canada is now recommending that Canadians choose a three-layer non-medical mask with a filter layer to prevent the spread of COVID-19. This recommendation came earlier this week:
"To improve the level of protection that can be provided by non-medical masks or face coverings, we are recommending that you consider a three-layer nonmedical mask.”
Following are recently updated guidelines noted on the Public Health website. https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/prevention-risks/sew-no-sew-instructions-non-medical-masks-face-coverings.html?
A mask or face covering can be homemade or purchased, and should:
- be made of at least 3 layers
- 2 layers should be tightly woven material fabric, such as cotton or linen
- the third (middle) layer should be a filter-type fabric, such as non-woven polypropylene fabric
- be large enough to completely and comfortably cover the nose, mouth and chin without gaping
- allow for easy breathing
- fit securely to the head with ties or ear loops
- be comfortable and not require frequent adjustments
- be changed as soon as possible if damp or dirty
- maintain its shape after washing and drying.