Private Music Lessons
The Private Music Lessons Programme at Bayview Glen is provided as a convenient service to parents and students to allow for private music instruction during after school hours.
The Private Music Lessons Programme is available to students in Grades 1 to 12, whose musical knowledge is at the beginner or advanced level. Each week, students enrolled will receive a private half hour lesson on the instrument of their choice. All instructors are highly qualified musicians from the community and will each determine, through consultation with parents, the needs and goals for each child. Royal Conservatory of Music examination preparation is also an option available. This programme is based on the full year and does not run on a term-by-term basis.
Students may choose instruction from a wide selection of instruments: voice, piano, guitar, percussion (Grade 6 and up only), tuba, baritone, trombone, trumpet, French horn, saxophone, clarinet, theory, violin, oboe, flute and ukulele. With the exception of voice and piano, students will be responsible for providing their own instruments. All students will also be responsible for the purchase of music books and sheet music that may be assigned by the instructor. It is also recommended that piano students have piano or full sized keyboard at home for practice.
Students will be assigned a half-hour time slot between 3:00 and 6:00 p.m. Students must also enroll in the After School Programme (Grades 1-8 only) if their lesson begins later than 4:15 p.m. on the day of their music lessons, so that they are fully supervised before and after their lessons.
The Private Music Lessons Registration starts on August 1, 2018 and ends with academic year.
If you are interested in enrolling your child, the following steps are required:
- Please complete an Online Registration Form (which will be made available on Aug. 1, 2018) and make payment of the non-refundable administration fee of $80 prior to September 3 for priority scheduling (there are limited spaces and requests are filled on a first-come, first-served basis).
- A student will be officially registered and placed with an instructor only after the form and payment are both received.
- Submissions after September 3 will also be accepted, but please note that a space cannot be guaranteed.
- Correspondences and questions for the Private Music Lessons Co-ordinator, Kelly Baranieski, can be done via email at email@example.com.
Students Who Enroll
- Schedules and instructors will be assigned to each student mid-September once a student is officially registered.
- Fees are $35 per music lesson. This amount is payable directly to the instructor.
- A handbook of procedures, including pick-up, missed lessons, holidays, parking, etc., will be provided at the start of lessons.
- Lessons begin in mid to late September, once you are contacted by the assigned instructor.